- 10 tbsp room temp. unsalted butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅔ cup unsulphured molasses or dark sugar syrup
- 1 large egg at room temp.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Anjali’s Chai Masala Extra Ginger
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and molasses until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and Anjali’s Chai Masala. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Divide the dough in half and wrap each half tightly in a disc shape. Chill the dough in the fridge overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put flour down on your counter and roll out the disks of dough until they're ¼ inch thick. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place them on the baking sheets. Bake for about 8-10 minutes depending on the size of the cookies and how crunchy you want them to be.
- Let the cookies cool and decorate however you like!
Back to RECIPES