These truffles are seriously so delicious!! We’ve made them for Valentine’s Day but they’re amazing for any occasion. This recipe is an adaptation of milkandcardemom.com’s Chai Truffles recipe. We’ve replaced the different spices with Anjali’s Chai Masala Extra Ginger to simplify it.
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2-3 tsp Anjali’s Chai Masala with Extra Ginger
- 3 black tea bags
- 4.5 oz good quality milk chocolate, chopped
- 10 oz milk chocolate melts
To make the ganache…
- In a small saucepan, add the heavy cream, chai masala, and black tea (removed from the bags). Scald the cream, don’t boil it.
- Strain the hot cream over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for a few minutes and then stir until it’s smooth.
To assemble the truffles:
- Melt the milk chocolate melts in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between.
- Spoon the ganache into a piping bag.
- Pour the melted chocolate melts into each mold and then flip it upside down to remove the excess chocolate inside. Scrape off any remaining chocolate on top and then put it in the fridge for a few minutes to harden the shell.
- Pipe the ganache into each chocolate shell, almost to the top.
- Then add more chocolate on top to cover the ganache, and scrape the surface smooth with a spatula.
- Leave to set in the fridge or freezer until the truffles come out of the molds easily. Then store in a cool, dry place - if they don’t get devoured first😋